A Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus (2018 - 2020)
Reger - Versöhnung (Reconciliation)
Max Reger’s Versöhnung (Reconciliation) demands from the player a vivid imagination, the ability to tell a story in sound. This delightful late Romantic piece describes a character asking someone to be their friend again after a disagreement – pleading, commiserating and even dancing to win back their affection. In the video, I show how project a melody line while at the same time voicing the texture to bring out the expressive harmonic features.
Preview (please log-in or subscribe to see full video)
Resources & links
- Raise the Bar Piano (Book 3) Grades 6–8 is available from Trinity's online shop here.
- Click here to view open domain editions for these works (external link).
- Click here to download Trinity’s free Piano Sample Booklet.
- Click here to find out more about the Trinity College Piano 2018-2020 syllabus.
- Click here to view the index for our Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus.
The Practising the Piano Online Academy is not a Trinity product and is not endorsed by Trinity.
This content is available as a separate, once-off purchase or as part of a subscription. Click "Buy" to purchase it or on "Subscription options" to get access to this content in addition to our growing library of over 300 articles for as little as £13.99 per month or £119.99 per year (Click here to sign-in to view this page if you are already a subscriber).