Practising the Piano - Multimedia eBook Series (Part 3)
Scales and Arpeggios
Scales and arpeggios are an integral part of piano exams, and many celebrated master pianists throughout history insist on a daily diet of scales for themselves and their students. However, many pianists struggle to keep motivated with their scales practice and as a result often neglect it. Practising the Piano Part 3 is a comprehensive guide to practising scales and arpeggios from the beginner to advanced levels which will enable you to:
- Make scales practice fun and interesting with creative ways of practice scales (e.g. have you ever tried the "Russian" way?)
- Overcome common technical challenges
- Structure your practice and stay motivated using practice strategies, tools and resources
- Test yourself and track your progress using a random "scales" generator
Numerous video demonstrations, exercises written out in manuscript and practice suggestions in addition to a number of resources and interactive tools:
- Scales index - This section provides an index of all major, harmonic and melodic minor scales with key signatures, fingerings and variations for practice. There is also a keyboard diagram of each scale so the beginner will be able to see the note patterns at a glance.
- Scales and arpeggios charts – Download printable practice charts for ABRSM Grades 1 through to 8 featuring a grid layout with the keys listed vertically and the types of scales horizontally. Teachers can use these to assign scales for practising in between lessons, and for students to keep a record of what they have practised.
- Scales and arpeggios generator – Don’t you wish there was a way to test yourself on the scales and arpeggios for your grade? Part 3 includes a scale generator that randomly selects these from the ABRSM syllabus for you. It will keep you on your toes by requesting additional ways of doing them (different touches and speeds, and so on) and gives you an optional self-scoring mechanism for charting your progress.
Supported formats and devices
This publication is suitable for viewing on the following devices and platforms:
- Computers (Windows PC and Apple Mac)
- Apple and Android tablets including iPads, Sansung Galaxy Tablets and Amazon Kindle Fire
- Apple and Android mobile phones
- eInk / eReaders including Amazon Kindle and B&N Nook
A PDF version is also available for download and printing.
The following discount bundles include this product:
Save with a subscription!
Subscribe for £99.99 a year and get full access to this product in addition to our growing library of over 300 articles and free eBooks and editions worth over £70! Click here to subscribe or click here for more information on our products and purchase options.