ABRSM Grade 2 - Piano Exam Pieces
The following video is a preview with a few tips and suggestions for a piece from each of the three repertoire lists for the grade:
The full video walk-throughs for all of the prescribed pieces are available through the following links:
- Attwood - Allegro (1st mvt from Sonatina No.1 in G)
- Gambarini - Minuet in A (from Lessons for the Harpsichord, Op.2)
- Hässler - Ecossaise in G (No. 23 from 50 pièces à l’usage des commençans, Op. 38)
- Helen Madden - The First Flakes Are Falling
- Plé - Le chant du pâtre (No.11 from Les chants et les jeux)
- Trad. English (arr. Davies) - O Waly Waly
- Brian Chapple - March Hare (No. 5 from In the Pink)
- Anne Crosby Gaudet - Angelfish
- Christopher Norton - Inter-City Stomp (No. 7 from Microjazz Collection 2)
Resources & links
Click here for a complete index of available resources for the 2021 & 2022 syllabus.
The syllabus upon which these Practising the Piano Online Academy materials are based is © by The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music and is reproduced by permission of the copyright owner. The Practising the Piano Online Academy is not an ABRSM product and is not endorsed by ABRSM.
This content is available as a separate, once-off purchase or as part of a subscription. Click "Buy" to purchase it or on "Subscription options" to get access to this content in addition to our growing library of over 300 articles for as little as £9.99 per month or £99.99 per year (Click here to sign-in to view this page if you are already a subscriber).