Reger - Versöhnung (Reconciliation) (No. 20 from Aus der Jugendzeit, op. 17)
Max Reger’s Versöhnung (Reconciliation) demands from the player a vivid imagination, the ability to tell a story in sound. This delightful late Romantic piece describes a character asking someone to be their friend again after a disagreement – pleading, commiserating and even dancing to win back their affection. In the video, I show how project a melody line while at the same time voicing the texture to bring out the expressive harmonic features.
Preview (please log-in or subscribe to see full video)
Resources & links
- Raise the Bar Piano (Book 3) Grades 6–8 is available from Trinity's online shop here.
- Click here to view open domain editions for these works (external link).
- Click here to download Trinity’s free Piano Sample Booklet.
- Click here to find out more about the Trinity College Piano 2018-2020 syllabus.
- Click here to view the index for our Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus.
The Practising the Piano Online Academy is not a Trinity product and is not endorsed by Trinity.
Sign in or subscribe to read the full article.
Subscribe for full access!
Get full access to this content in addition to our growing library of over 300 articles with a monthly, annual or premium subscription. Click here to find out more about our subscription options or click here to sign-in to view this page if you are already a subscriber.