A Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus
This series features video demonstrations of a selection of pieces from Trinity College London’s 2018 - 2020 piano examination syllabus, with examples from each grade from Initial to 8. You will find plenty of tips for practice, as well as suggestions for piano teachers, and guidance on matters relating to style and interpretation.
- Exploring Trinity’s Piano Syllabus – Foundation Grades
- Trinity College Initial - Badings: Canon
- Trinity College Grade 1 - Reinagle: Minuet (No. 10 from 24 Short and Easy Pieces)
- Trinity College Grade 2 - Kukuck: The Rowboat
- Trinity College Grade 3 - Scarlatti: Sonata in G
- Exploring Trinity’s Piano Syllabus – Intermediate Grades
- Trinity College Grade 4 - Mozart: Allegretto (from The London Sketchbook, K. 15hh)
- Trinity College Grade 5 (Alternative) - Diabelli: Moderato Cantabile (from Sonatina in F major, Op. 168 No. 1)
- Trinity College Grade 6 - Reger: Versöhnung (Reconciliation) (No. 20 from Aus der Jugendzeit, op. 17)
- Trinity College Grade 7 (Alternative) - Rocherolle: La chapelle (from Souvenirs du château)
- Trinity College Grade 8 - Brahms: Intermezzo in B minor (Op. 119 No. 1)
- Trinity College Grade 8 (From the Ground Up edition) - Chopin: Waltz in E Minor (Op. Posth.)
The Practising the Piano Online Academy is not a Trinity product and is not endorsed by Trinity.