A Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus (2021 - 2023)
This series features video walk-throughs of a selection of pieces from Trinity College London’s 2021 - 2023 piano examination syllabus, with examples from each grade from Initial to 3 (with later grades to follow shortly!). You will find plenty of tips for practice, as well as suggestions for piano teachers, and guidance on matters relating to style and interpretation.
- Trinity College Grade 4 - Mozart: Allegretto (from The London Sketchbook, K. 15hh)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 4 - Kuhlau: Allegretto, Op. 55 No. 2
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 4 - Lemoine: Etude No. 23, Op. 37
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 4 - Schumann: Sicilienne (No. 11 from Album for the Young, Op. 68)
- Trinity College Grade 4 - Elgar: Andantino (First movement from Sonatina)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 4 - Maykapar: Valse (No. 5 from Biriulki, op. 28)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 5 - FX Dušek: Allegro (1st mvt from Sonata XII in G major)
- Trinity College Grade 5 - Camidge: Scherzando (Second movement from Sonata No. 1 in G major)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 5 - Schubert: Valse sentimentale, Op. 50 No. 13
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 5 - Burgmüller: Berceuse (No. 7 from 18 Characteristic Studies, Op. 109)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 5 - Tchaikovsky: Süße Träumerei (Sweet Reverie)(No. 21 from Kinderalbum, Op. 39)
- Trinity College Grade 5 - Proksch: And Now Let's Handel
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 5 - Wedgewood: Large Wave
- Trinity College Grade 6 - Byrd: Coranto (No. 218 from Fitzwilliam Virginal Book)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 6 - François Couperin: Allemande (from L’art de toucher le claveçin)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 6 - Joseph Haydn: Finale (3rd movement from Sonata in C major, Hob XVI: 35)
- Trinity College Grade 6 - Reger: Versöhnung (Reconciliation) (No. 20 from Aus der Jugendzeit, Op. 17)
- Trinity College Grade 6 - Karganov: Arabesque (Op. 6 No. 4)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 6 - Béla Bartók: Stamping Dance (from Mikrokosmos, Sz. 107, vol 5)
- NEW: Trinity College Grade 6 - Alfredo Casella: Galop Final (from 11 Pezzi Infantili, Op. 35)
You can get further updates on resources for the Trinity syllabus by signing up for our mailing list here and subscribing to our YouTube channel for additional video previews.
Resources & links
Click here for more information and resources for the Trinity College London 2021-2023 piano syllabus (External link)
Click here to view a complete listing of all of our piano examination resources.
Click here to view our video series on preparing for an examination.
The Practising the Piano Online Academy is not a Trinity product and is not endorsed by Trinity.
Subscribe for full access!
Get full access to this content in addition to our growing library of over 300 articles for as little as £9.99 per month or £99.99 a year. Click here to sign-up or click here to find-out more (click here to sign-in to view this page if you are already a subscriber).