Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t read a full article or not all of the article content is showing
If you’re only seeing part of an article of the article you are reading is cut off, then one of the following scenarios is likely:
- You are not a subscriber and the article is not a free one therefore you need to subscribe in order to view it
- You are a subscriber but you are not logged in, please sign-in to view the full article
- You have a free trial but are viewing a subscriber only article and have run out of free credits, please upgrade your subscription to get access to all articles and updates.
I receive an error messaging saying "Sorry, Because of its privacy settings, this video cannot be played here" when trying to view videos
Our website loads videos from an external video platform called Vimeo. Therefore if you have any browser extensions or settings that block embedded third party content then these might be stopping the videos from loading.
I haven’t received any emails from you (e.g. confirmation of purchase, change of password)
Although we use state of the art email software and comply with all relevant best practices to ensure a good sender reputation, it is possible that our emails have ended up in your spam / junk mail folder (or “Clutter” in Microsoft Outlook) therefore please check these folders for your emails. You can also add our email address (contact [at] informance [dot] biz) to your whitelist.
I can’t log-in because my email address and / or password is not recognised
There are a few possible reasons for this:
- Your password is incorrect or is being entered incorrectly - Passwords are case sensitive therefore please check that you do not have Caps Lock on! If you’ve changed your password recently then there is also a chance that your browser has saved the old password (therefore you need to ensure that it updates the password or doesn’t auto complete the sign-in form with the incorrect password)
- Your email address is incorrect – You will need to use the email address which you used to sign-up (unless this has changed). If you have forgotten your email address, then please contact our support team using the form at the bottom of this page.
- If you’ve forgotten your password, then you can reset it here by requesting a reset email. Please note that you will need to enter the email address associated with your account in order to request a reset. If the email address is correct but you haven’t received the password reset email, then please check your spam or junk mail folders before attempting to send an additional reset email.
- You're unable to login on an iPad - If you're unable to login on your iPad but can login on other devices or computers then you might need to update your iPad software. We recommend first trying just to turn your iPad off and then on again, following which you should then check for software updates. Another step you can try is to clear your browser cache or failing that, reset your iPad settings (this has resolved the problem for a few of our customers).
How frequently is content updated?
- Although we don’t have a fixed content release schedule, we will usually add or update content on a weekly basis. In some scenarios, e.g. when we’re working on a large series, we may launch more content slightly less frequently.
What types of content are there?
- Text articles with images and hyperlinks
- Downloadable worksheets and scores (PDF)
- Audio clips
How do I find what I’m looking for?
In addition to the featured articles on the Online Academy home page, there are two main ways of finding content:
- Browse – click on a category and then choose a “collection” to view a set of articles. You can also refine the selection further by selecting a sub category. When viewing an article, you can use the next / previous buttons at the bottom of the page to browse between the articles within a collection (or use the “Related links” list to jump to another article).
- Search – A quick search is available via the Online Academy home page. This search gives you the option of filtering by category, keyword and popular tags (click on a tag to add / remove it from your filter). You can then refine the results by sub category, author and additional tags.
More information on how to find content is available here.
Can I print a page?
Yes! Click on the “print” button on the top right hand of the page you are viewing to print a printer friendly version of the page.
What browsers are supported?
Our site has been tested extensively and is fully functional on the following popular browsers:
- Chrome (recommended)
- Internet Explorer (Edge & Internet Explorer 11)
- Samsung Browser (Android)
We recommend that you have the most up to date version of your browser for the best possible experience (more information on recent versions of a number of browsers is available here)
I’ve forgotten my password
If you’ve forgotten your password, then you can reset it here by requesting a reset email. Please note that you will need to enter the email address associated with your account in order to request a reset. If the email address is correct but you haven’t received the password reset email, then please check your spam or junk mail folders before attempting to send an additional reset email.
How do I change my password?
If you are signed in, you can change your password via the “My Account” page which can be accessed via the button on the top right hand side of the screen. If you are not signed in and have forgotten your password, then you can request a reset email here.
How do I change my email address?
You can change your email address via the 'My Account' page which can be accessed via the button on the top right hand side of the screen (you will need to be logged in in order to do this). Please note that your will need to confirm your new email address by clicking on a confirmation link in an email we will send you after you’ve changed your email to access any eBooks that you might own.
How does Facebook sign-up work?
You can sign-up by clicking on the “Sign in with Facebook” link which automatically creates an account for you using the email address associated with your Facebook account. This means that you can sign in to our site via Facebook without having to remember another password. Although we do obtain your Facebook email address in order to create your account, we don’t have access to your Facebook password and will never post to Facebook on your behalf.
I used Facebook to sign-in but would like to set my own password to log-in directly
If you signed up with Facebook and would like to be able to sign in separately with a different password, then simply change your password via the “My Account” button on the top right hand of the screen when signed in. This will allow you to sign in both with Facebook and directly with a separate password of your choice.
I’m already registered but would like to use Facebook to sign in
If you didn’t sign-up with Facebook and would like to use Facebook to sign in then you can simply do so by signing in using the “Sign in with Facebook” option (your account email address will need to match your Facebook one, if not then please change the email address of your account).
What if my Facebook email address changes?
You will need to change the email address of your account with us to ensure that it is the same as the address that you use for Facebook.
How are subscriptions charged for?
Depending on the option chosen, subscription charges are made either monthly or annually in advance and renew automatically at the end of the subscription period.
How do I upgrade my subscription?
You can upgrade your subscription by clicking here, via the “My Account” page or any of the upgrade links on the Online Academy. Please note that you will need to have a valid credit card in order to upgrade to any of the paid-for subscription options. If you have purchased a subscription from us previously and are upgrading to another paid for option, then we will simply use the payment details we have on record for you for the upgrade (you can change these details at any stage via “My Account”). If you purchased a subscription via our crowdfunding campaign, we won’t have any payment details for you and we will therefore ask you to provide them in order to process the upgrade.
How do I downgrade my subscription?
You can downgrade or change your subscription via the “My Account” button on the top right hand corner of the screen.
What happens if I upgrade my subscription from another paid-for subscription option?
We charge your account with the amount due for the new subscription but offset or against this the pro-rata amount due to you for any time that remained on your previous subscription.
What happens if I downgrade my subscription from an annual to monthly option?
We carry forward any pro-rata credit due to you against future invoices (you can contact us to request a refund if you wish).
How do I change my payment details?
Sign in to our site and visit the “My account” page via the button on the top right hand of the screen. You can change the card associated with your subscription using the link provided under "Payment details". Enter the details of the card you wish to use and click "Update card". Depending on your card issuer, you may be asked to complete an additional validation step via 3D secure. If this is required then you will be automatically taken to a page which will load a pop-up from your card issuer which can be used to complete the validation step.
Any other questions?
Click here for more help information or click here to contact our support team if you haven’t found the answers your looking for or require further assistance.