Introducing Healthy Expressive Piano Technique
13 Mar 2022 @ 16:00 UTC
In this interactive workshop for pianists and teachers, Penelope Roskell introduces the principles which lie behind healthy, musically focussed piano technique. Using exercises from her new course Teaching Healthy Expressive Technique and from her award-winning book The Complete Pianist, she will demonstrate techniques which put these principles into practice at the piano and show teachers step-by-step ways to teach these them to piano students at all levels.
Topics covered in this online workshop include:
- The principles of healthy movement at the piano
- The relationship between movement and sound
- A demonstration of Penelope’s renowned "Parachute touch" and how to apply it musically
- The importance, and the dangers, of strengthening exercises
- Healthy practice techniques
- Introducing healthy, expressive techniques to beginners
Participants are encouraged to be at their piano so you can try out exercises during the webinar and there will be time for questions at the end of the session. The session will be recorded and all participants will receive a link to download the video to watch at your convenience thereafter.
This is an ideal opportunity to find out more about Penelope’s approach and to discover practical ways to introduce new techniques into your playing and teaching!
Click here to subscribe and save 40% on this product!