A Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus
Badings - Canon
Trinity College - Initial
In this interesting little canon by Dutch composer Henk Badings both hands are of equal importance. The piece offers a wealth of possibilities for teaching the elementary player how to listen carefully as the melody line is passed back and forth between the hands, and how to phrase musically.
Preview (please log-in or subscribe to see full video)
Resources & links
- Piano Exam Pieces & Exercises 2018–2020 - Initial is available from Trinity's online shop here.
- Click here to view open domain editions for these works (external link).
- Click here to download Trinity’s free Piano Sample Booklet.
- Click here to find out more about the Trinity College Piano 2018-2020 syllabus.
- Click here to view the index for our Guide to the Trinity College Piano Syllabus.
The Practising the Piano Online Academy is not a Trinity product and is not endorsed by Trinity.
This content is available as a separate, once-off purchase or as part of a subscription. Click "Buy" to purchase it or on "Subscription options" to get access to this content in addition to our growing library of over 300 articles for as little as £9.99 per month or £99.99 per year (Click here to sign-in to view this page if you are already a subscriber).