About the Online Academy
The Practising the Piano Online Academy is the ultimate online resource for pianists and teachers, featuring a comprehensive and growing library of the best teaching and insights from renowned pedagogues.
- Expert teachers – Learn from our panel of experts who have been selected for their pedagogical expertise on subjects including effective practising, piano technique, repertoire, teaching the piano, sight-reading, healthy playing and more.
- Extensive and expanding library – Draw upon a library of unparalleled breadth and depth with over a thousand (and growing!) articles, videos and other resources.
- Content access features – Use a variety features to find the content you need to support you, including browsing by topics, various search options, a "wizard" and structured courses which provide guided pathways through our materials.
- Online events and workshops – Participate in interactive workshops, submit your questions for our regular, live "practice clinic" and get discounts on our online events.
- Value-added resources – Download eBooks and annotated study editions (annual subscription option only) and enrol in our email micro-course on effective practising.
The Online Academy's extensive collection of online resources will help you to:
Learn how to get the most out of your time spent practising with practice tools and methodologies based on Graham Fitch’s highly acclaimed blog and eBook series
Develop the technique required to express your musical intentions, overcome challenges and learn how to avoid tension and injury
Overcome performance anxiety, learn how to improvise or find resources to assist you in preparation for an examination
Learn new pieces faster and more effectively with our continuously growing library of resources for popular works of varying levels
Empower your students and develop your career with our extensive collection of resources for teachers developed in partnership with the Piano Teachers' Course UK
Click here to find out more about our subscription options or select one or our most popular plans:
Subscribe for only £9.99 per month (click here for approx. conversion into your local currency) and get:
- Access to complete library of online resources, including:
- Ongoing updates and new online content
- Discounts on online workshops
- Priority question submissions for practice clinics
Save over 15% and get everything included with the monthly option plus the following eBooks and editions valued at over £70:
Not ready to subscribe yet? While our subscription options represent the best value, many of our lessons, eBooks and editions are available for once-off purchase from our store >>
Frequently asked questions
Click here for more help information and our support contact details.
The Online Academy is packed with information which simply wasn't available to me despite majoring in piano performance at university. Graham's articles on pedaling and Penelope Roskell's approach to healthy playing are just some of the resources I wish I had access to!
— Amateur pianist
As a piano teacher I am always wanting to improve both my teaching content but also my own personal growth. Being incredibly busy as so many of us are, I don't have time to take private lessons myself so this is an absolute Godsend for me. Thank you for all of your hard work. You've definitely filled a niche!
— Piano teacher
The Online Academy is a wonderful source to go to in times of confusion, it encourages you to think about new ways of study, supports your interest in all things piano and is full of exciting general information about the world of music. Thank you all so much for the work and dedication that goes into this brilliant resource!
— Conservatory student
This is an invaluable resource for teachers and students. I like the 'bite-size' approach of the walk-through process.
— Piano teacher
I really needed the inspiration and knowledge and guidance i have received from the academy. I really hope the available material continues to grow. I can not emphasise enough how much I have learned and enjoyed this, and been inspired.
— Adult amateur
The most professional piano related site I've found to date!
— University professor
The Academy is a treasure trove of enormously helpful material thoughtfully presented by excellent teachers and pianists. Thank you so much for this stellar resource and for your willingness to listen to user feedback!
— Adult beginner